Hello Dear Friends!
Here we are, already on week four of Summer With a Purpose. Thank you, Miss Emily, for hosting this wonderful challenge! If you would like more information on Summer With a Purpose, please click HERE.
Here is a list of my accomplishments for this week...
I accomplished a lot of cleaning this week! I have really enjoyed being able to help my mama by cleaning the house. I was able to do the following...
• Clean indoor windows- I cleaned all of the windows inside our house.
• Clean bathroom downstairs- That was quite easy!
• Clean all fans- We only have three ceiling fans, so it wasn't too complicated.
• Vacuum laundry room
• Vacuum carpet stairs- Wood stairs are next.
• Vacuum above cabinets- I only completed the kitchen.
Although these are small jobs, they still required lots of time! I enjoyed it, though!
2. My Giveaway
I had a lot of fun planning my 100th post giveaway. I spent a lot of time sewing and embroidering with my mama. It has been so wonderful to read all the responses. I already have 61 entries! Thank you all so much!
All of the entries so far!
Another view of the colorful entries!
If you haven't entered my giveaway yet, and would like to, you may click HERE!
I've been working on a little bit of photography this week, but not much. Here are a couple of my favorite photographs that I've taken this week...
A crow landing on our chimney... I love this shot!
This is sweet Jessa with her little polka dot bucket! How cute!
I can't help but laugh when I look at this photograph! *smiles*
I forgot to include this subject in last week's Summer With a Purpose post. Last week, I made some delicious Granola, and I would like to share the recipe with you! The recipe comes from "From the Kitchen of Two Sisters" cookbook. I encourage you to look into purchasing this cookbook. I love it! The cookbook includes only Vegetarian recipes.
Here is the Granola recipe...
Grandma Bear's "Bestest" Granola
Makes about 24 cups
Preparation Time: 20-30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes
• 1 cup maple syrup
• 1 cup honey
• 1½ cups unsalted butter
• 1 tablespoon each of maple, vanilla, and almond extract
• 1 tablespoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 12 cups rolled oats
• 3 cups coconut
• 1 cup sesame seeds
• 1½ cups pecans-chopped
• 1½ cups walnuts-chopped
• 1½ cups almonds-chopped
• 1 cup raisins (optional)
• 1 cup dried cranberries (optional)
• 1 cup chopped, dried apricots (optional)
• 1 cup chopped date pieces (optional)
1. In a sauce pan, melt butter. Add all other wet ingredients and mix well.
2. Combine oats, coconut, sesame seeds, and nuts in a large bowl.
3. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
4. Bake the granola on cookie sheets in a 350° oven for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
5. Add the dried fruit to the cooked granola.
6. Cool thoroughly before storing.
There you have it! If you try it, please let me know how it came out! I would love to know!
Well, I guess that concludes my week. I feel as though I have been quite productive!
Again, if you would like to enter my 100th Post Giveaway, please click HERE!
Your Sister In Christ,