Friday, December 31, 2010

A Wonderful Year

Hello Dear Readers!

I am continually amazed at how quickly this year has passed, but so thankful for the many blessings {both big and small} that the Lord has given to me and my family. As 2011 is approaching us, I have set a few goals that I would like to complete. It seems as though I do this every year, and use the excuse of being too busy. I have to come to realize that the more busy you are, the less productive you become.

Some of the things that have been pressing on my heart to do more of include…

• Reading my Bible more often~ God’s Word is full of so much knowledge, and I know that I can always use that in my life. What a difference His guidance makes in a person’s life.

• Helping around the house more often~ My dear mother can always use some help, whether it’s cleaning, cooking, or watching sweet little Jessa. I am so thankful to have a mother who can teach me all about homemaking in preparation for my future.

• Reach others to our Savior, Jesus Christ~ What a need there is these days to teach the people of this world about Jesus. There are so many ways to spread the good news of Jesus to those who need the encouragement.

• Stay positive throughout everyday life~ It is sometimes difficult to have a good attitude in all situations. With the Lord’s help, I know that I can conquer this struggle in life.

•Be more patient~ This is a matter that most everyone needs to work on. As for myself, I seem to get most impatient with my little sister and school. I would like to strive to be more patient in these two areas and in others as well.

• Completing more projects~ Oh, how I greatly enjoy projects, including sewing, scrapbooking, and writing. I don’t know about you, but to me, the best part of a project is completing it… The feeling of completion is so wonderful and at that point, you can acknowledge what you have accomplished.

• Enrichment of literature~ A good book along with a hot cup of tea is so delightful. Just through reading good books enriched with knowledge, my vocabulary certainly progresses.

And most importantly…

• Growing in my walk with the Lord~ Our relationship with God is most important in life. He is full of love, and has His arms wrapped tightly around each and every individual on this earth. By praying to God, reading His Word, and listening to His commands, my spiritual life will grow indeed.

As we enter into a new year, let us all strive to make a difference in the world, whether it’s by doing something big or small.

May the Lord bless you and your family in 2011!

Your Sister In Christ,

Jenna

4 comments:

Lucia said...

Those are some wonderful goals, Miss Jenna! <3

~Lucia

Näna said...

Happy New Year! Here's to 2011 being a year filled with the love of God!

Rachel Beth said...

Dear Jenna
A very Happy New Year to you and your family!
I trust that the Lord will help you reach all the goals you've set - I think we can all set the same ones, especially a closer walk with God.
God bless.
Love in Christ,
Jessica & Rachel

Rachel Grace said...

Dearest Jenna,
My favorite way to converse and consequently, grow in the Lord is by reading His Word and journaling about His work in my life. I have a prayer journal as well as a regular journal and I find them an excellent way to pour my heart out to our God through writing.
You are in my loving prayers!
In Christ,
Rachel Grace